2008 df300 error code 4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 df300 error code 4-2

Ok, so we have twin df300 outboards, the starboard engine is working properly, but the port engine is throwing error code 4-2. The port engine won't even try to turn over and won't trim (sometimes after i cut and reapply power it will). Check the batteries, they are fine. After looking through out this forum and the internet it seems to be that the problem is the neutral safety switch. I am pretty savvy in dealing with cars but with boats I am a little green.

Can anyone tell me (pictures help too ;-)

1) where the control box is.

2) steps to be taken after get to it. Go straight to replacing it? Test it?

3) any helps is appreciated, thanks!

Do you mean the engine won't crank over, or it cranks over and won't start. and a 4.2 code is for a crank sensor problem.

Comment

In the sticky above it says 4-3 if you look at pdf files its 4-2

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
        Do you mean the engine won't crank over, or it cranks over and won't start. and a 4.2 code is for a crank sensor problem.
        it does not crank, nothing happens when the ignition button is pressed.

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur1 View Post
          In the sticky above it says 4-3 if you look at pdf files its 4-2
          i don't know what you mean the sticky says 4-3? The code the gauges are reading on on the port motor say 4-2, with a loud alarm every 4 secs.

Comment

This Sticky: Suzuki diagnostic codes top of page.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyhellweg View Post
              it does not crank, nothing happens when the ignition button is pressed.
              In your starting statement you posted, (sometimes after i cut and reapply power it will), does this mean it will crank, or the trim will work?

The trim should work whether the motor cranks, runs, or neither.
              Will the trim work at either the binnacle or the motor?

The crank sensor code should not prevent it from cranking, but can prevent it from running.

With these two symptoms occuring at the same time would lead me to believe that you may have a White Wire power issue. I would read the White Wire sticky at the top of the 1st fourm page, and see if this may apply to your situation.
              Last edited by Nayna32; 05-05-2017, 09:00 PM. Reason: Added Information
              Henry

Comment

On the sticky for engine codes on the first page near the top; code 4-3 is listed twice for the CKP Sensor and Fuel injector. I believe it's just a typo; it should say 4-2 for CKP Sensor.
                Henry

Comment

Hi all,
                  i have been chasing this 4-2 code for a while
                  and although many post lead you to cam sensors, white wire voltages etc
                  i always run my engine prior to going out so when I had a code I never took it out. I replaced all the regular consumables, cleaned everything, charged batteries etc. everything ran perfectly, no limp mode now rpm limit in gear. So this was driving me insane

Well today I have solved my issue
                  although I had the 4-2 code it also represents a flat battery, the alarm will stay unless you run the engine at 3-4000 rpm for a minute or two and then it clears the fault
                  now though everyone I have spoken too, every forum I have never read it.
                  So I joined so I could post for everyone else that may get this silly code and no issue.
                  Hope it helps

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                  X