New, White wire questions Search is confusing me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, White wire questions Search is confusing me

Im sorry to bring up something thats been brought up before so many times!

I just got a 2007 suzuki df 250 pre owned. and the wiring seems so straight forward. My problem is that my ignition did not have power, trim everything works. I can jump (backfeed) the key switch through the alarm harness and then the motor will start and run fine.

I have my white wire hooked to my battery switch output. My question is, there is a white wire in the looming of the harness too. its not hooked to anything, in fact, it never was. The clear plastic bubble is on it. Is this white wire supposed to feed into my ignition some how?

I did purchase a service manual online but I am getting impatient and everything works but the ignition does not seem to be getting a 12V battery signal from somewhere and its so stupid.

Ive searched and come up with the failures, I aam simply trying to just rig the engine correctly. I have a suzuki oem key switch and kill switch and binnacle all working. all harnesses just plug right in to each other.

I think i got it figured out. It appears the battery sub wire needs to run both to the harness and the ECU. I will try it tonight. Ive been reading online for awhile and i found a post. My sub wire only runs from the battery switch to the ecu.

Comment

Have a look at the first wiring plug back from the key where the plugs join and a three wire plug splices off the main plug for your trim supply. That is probably where you have lost it, you will have battery voltage for your trim and not the key. That loose white wire comes off a terminal block, you could use it but you just bypassing your original problem.

Comment

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...ey-switch.html

If you go to the bottom pages of this post there is some detailed discussion on wiring that may be helpful
        Art

Comment

this is exactly what I've been looking for

Comment

Working...
          X