Opinion on Solas Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Solas Prop

We bought a former rental tritoon last fall. Landau Island Breeze 232 Cruise with a DF140A. The prop on it is dinged up a bit but performs great with no vibration and is perfectly matched for power, speed and RPM. It's a Solas 3411-139-19 3 blade 19 pitch 13.875 diameter. I'm thinking about getting the same new Solas prop and keeping the dinged up one as a spare and possibly getting it repaired. I don't know much about Solas props, they seem to be inexpensive but is the quality good? Or should I be looking at a different brand?

Solas props are no better or worse than any other brand. That's all I have used for the last 20 yrs.

Comment

I like them, I have used them on all my motors for many years. But I prefer the four blade version and use that on my 24" alumium boat with a DF140. You may loose a knot or two on the top, but the accelleration and turning is much better.
      Mastif in Norway, with a 2011 MS Boats S6900, 2011/2012 Suzuki DF 140

Comment

Got a new Solas, same as the dinged up one, for a great price at Boatplicity. No change in performance of course but a bit smoother.

Comment

I just changed from the Suzuki pressed hub to a solas rubex on mine. Went from an 18.5 to a 19, seems great, but I have a weird issue where it starts slowing down and maybe the VVT is kicking out (fuel consumption changes, engine noise changes, rpms fluctuate and speed drops) I’m hopeful it’s just the prop. Any suggestions? This is on a pioneer 222 with a df250 AP motor.

Comment

Working...
          X