No announcement yet.

Current shipping times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum. I too am getting pretty frustrated. I ordered two new suzuki motors back in Oct 2020. A white 9.9 and a white 60. I finally got the 9.9 last month, but the 60 is lost in the "black hole" somewhere. I think my biggest frustration is that there is NO COMMUNICATION from anyone in the shipping chain! My dealer keeps saying that his emails and calls aren't even being answered! C'mon! I understand the jam up in shipping, but I'm going on 9 months now I can't even get an expected delivery date. Has anyone else been waiting this long? At this point I'm at the point that I really don't have any other options but wait it out, or go looking for another brand (Honda, Yamaha) as they seem to be getting motors in quicker. I really had wanted a set of Suzukies, but it seems like I may have to change my mind.

Comment

Your dealer needs to get onto their regional Suzuki rep.

I wouldn’t take the dealer’s word about not being replied to, I would insist that they call them while you are there, its their job to get the info for you. If they got the small engine, then they must be hearing something from Suzuki, so they just need to do a better job and not fob you off with stories like that.

That being said, as noted earlier in this thread, supply is very difficult at the moment. And Suzuki may not be able to give definite timeframes… too many uncertainties.

Comment

I feel for you Baywolf, my frustration is growing by the day....but there are not many options. From my Yamaha brothers up here looking to repower, they are telling me Yamaha and one other, maybe Merc, put out a notice that basically all of their engines for this year are for new boats only, so dealers can't even get motors to repower a boat. Just bad timing to be honest.

I will agree with Baywolf though, my dealer/mechanic is very good and in good standing with Suzuki. They are giving no information until the engine is in the US and has cleared customs and is on a truck bound for the dealership. So information seems to be sketchy on the part of Suzuki.
        Good luck all, we are all in the same proverbial boat.

Comment

Went for prop test this morn. Dealer starting to see engines showing up. Looks like things might start to flow again. Good luck to all waiting patiently!! Hope to see you on the water soon!

Comment

Hey there guys. I decided to re-power my old 1996 Four Winns 170 Horizon with a new 140 HP Suzuki. Ordered it March 15, 2021. Was told 12 to 14 weeks. Now instead of June I was told September. Does that sound right?

Comment

Luckily, I bought a 2019 SPX 190 OB with a 150 HP Mercury on January 15, 2021. I paid $38,000. Someone just offered me $55,000 for it. Things are really screwy right now. I didn't take the offer because I wanted to use it!

Comment

Well Winns, I would say nothing is normal right now. The fact that your dealer is giving you a date is good. Plus I hope he's right...I paid for my engines in Feb 2021 and am still waiting. So if your info is accurate maybe I'll get mine next month and actually get to fish this year.
                Good luck, update if you get your engine in.

Comment

Spoke with my dealer this past week. He says that Suzuki is shipping engines equally to boat builders and marine stores, unlike Yamaha. His distributor says I might get my engine in the next two weeks. I'll believe that when it happens.

Like I posted earlier, it is lucky that I bought another boat in January. The summer has been great. Even though I paid cash for it I still haven't received the title or registration. Marine Max is messed up too.

Comment

So, 8 months in and no engines. Is anyone else still dealing with this? Are people getting engines, especially those in the 115-140 range? Where I have written off this year I am now worried I may not have engines next year either. Suzuki is saying absolutely nothing about the supply issues so I am not sure if/when I'll ever get engines....gonna suck to miss two years on the water, hope it doesn't get to that.

Comment

I see the western Canadian dealers are advertising the smaller fishing engines as “just arrived come on down and we’ll get you on the water” Maybe Suzuki is finally catching up to the Covid rush? I haven’t noticed any sales yet which usually start about now(pre Covid), dealers trying to get rid of stock before the ice fishermen take over the lakes.

Comment

I ordered the DF225 back in March and still have not received it. New boat sitting in the driveway with no motors sucks. Dealer says that they have tried to contact the regional rep but no response. It would sure be nice to at least have an ETA to go on. I emailed Suzuki customer service and their response was to contact my dealer.

Comment

The situation at the moment is extraordinary.

I was speaking to my Suzuki dealer here in Australia recently and he said that if you want a new 200, then it will be 2023 delivery if a deposit is paid now. The smaller motors - not quite as bad, but still mid to late 2022!!

Crazy stuff.

I heard that Suzuki can build about 400 350’s per year in their current facilities, and a group of major boat builders in the USA that run triple or quad 350’s on their boats put in an order for 800 engines last month!! For boats that they already hold deposits on…. ***!

It must be difficult for manufacturers at the moment - do they invest the major capital expenditure to ramp up production capabilities to meet current demand, and hope that this level of demand continues beyond the next 12 - 18 months to make that long term investment worthwhile….. or do they hold off expanding production based on a assumption that demand cannot possibly continue at the current levels post the new Covid19 “normal” returning to most parts of the world?

A real dilemma.

Comment

So, I haven't been back to this forum for some time now. Ordered a White 140 HP Outboard from Cranberry Lake Marina (New Jersey, USA) last March 15th to re-power my 1996 Four Winns 170 Horizon OB. Existing Johnson was pathetic. Thought it was a good idea since the boat has no wood to deteriorate. Fiberglass, plastic and stainless steel only. Well, 48 weeks later, February 15th, it arrived. The boat has a completely new fabricated dashboard. New engine looks fantastic. Will take it out on Lake Hopatcong, NJ, this Friday since it's supposed to reach 70 degrees.

Everyone should realize that the wait time will probably be one year. At least Suzuki is honoring there orders. Honda, Mercury and Yamaha cancelled most of theirs.

Comment

Working...
                            X