Tilt / Trim appears dead 2004 DF225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt / Trim appears dead 2004 DF225

The motor has been flawless. I bought it new in the crate in 2007, even though it's a 2004. 1600 total hours (all saltwater). I use the flush port after every single outing. Spring finally arrived here last week and I pulled my boat out of storage. She went in with no problems, but came out with what seems like a stuck PTT in the down position. Batteries are fully charged. Both the remote switch (thumb on the remote) and the switch on the motor only deliver a "click" sound from the relay inside the motor cowling. All wires appear fine - no cuts or even abrasions that I can see. The tilt limiter switch is not the problem - it checks out just fine. I raised the motor manually and visually inspected wires, etc. Looks good. I've run the motor every year all summer since new - and never had any issue with the PTT, That is not the case now. Batteries are topped off and show 13.2 volts. I see a minor drop in voltage on the dash meter when I hit the remote switch - like .2 volts. It'd be more if the PTT were actually working, as I've noticed that in the past. It seems like the motor is dead, but it was working fine when I parked it last October, so I'm not certain where to start. I've rapped the top of the drive motor where the wires go in, hoping to jar any corrosion. No dice. Suggestions welcome.

Maybe a “White Wire” issue.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-power-failure

Comment

I read the white wire post a couple days ago and checked into it some. I don't think that's the problem (certainly, it could be), but it doesn't feel right to me. Everything else wants to work. I haven't started the engine, but I did hit it just enough to see that it'll turn over, and all the gauges come to life when I turn the key. Also, the PTT switch on the side of the motor makes the same click as when I hit the remote switch up at the control handle. I've spoken to a Suzuki mechanic and he'll take a look today or tomorrow. Thanks, and I'll try to keep up with this thread in case whatever I find can help others.

Comment

I had the switch in the moter go bad and caused problems
        It is easy to disconnect and then try the tilt switch on the remote again.
        two different power sources so they can operate independent of the other
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X