2018 DF250 Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF250 Overheating

Good Afternoon All, New to the forum and trying to get some information. I run my boat in the salt and hit shallow areas from time to time that kicks up sand so i decided to change the water pumps before the season. Replaced both engines with the Suzuki kit and one is not pumping up to the engine or pee hole. I had a lot of sand in the pump housing and flush out connect hole that I washed out with a water hose. I have took the lower unit of multiple times making sure everything is correct and washed up in the tube making sure it was clear. Could the water pressure valve or thermostats not allow the water to flow thru the engine. If so where is the water pressure valve located?

Thermostats are designed to fail in the open position but I would think with a combination of corrosion and sand packed in it is possible that the thermostat could be stuck in the closed position. The thermostat should be at the top of the engine, possibly under the ring gear cover. The pressure relief valve on my engine is on the mid unit starboard side. I have a 2009 DF90A so the above mentioned parts may be in a different location. My engine and I assume yours is designed so that water is pushed out the pee hole first, basically the only purpose of the pee stream is to let you know that the pump is in fact pumping water. With the engine running on muffs run a piece of weed wacker up the pee hole to see if you can dislodge any blockages. Watch your propeller closely, that is where the cooling water will exit the engine, no water then you will be in an overheat condition soon. You could try running a hose to the lower flush port but I don’t know if the pee hole will produce water from the flush port, never tried.

Comment

Working...
    X