Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost new 8 hp Suzuki outboard won’t start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost new 8 hp Suzuki outboard won’t start.

Have used it about 4 hours altogether. Up to now, full choke, start, put half choke away, warm and put all choke away. Has run very well. Today it will not start, all levels of choke, tried removing fuel line and clearing. After half an hour I gave up. I got the odd fire from it but that was it.
    The current on the river here is strong, it has to work! Why so difficult? If it’s not reliable it is of no use.

Started first pull today, thinking it must be electrical, possibly the switch. I had removed and replaced the switch several times when it would not start. This is not inspiring when on the water.

Comment

After starting a few times and running the idle is rather low and almost stalls when you throttle back to put it in drive. Last night again it would not start at all, whatever choke position chosen, no sign of firing. Local river is 6 km current so very dangerous with large freighters.
      Went to the dealer I bought it from, he now sells Yamaha, got rid of Suzuki, wonder why?
      He can’t help at all for 2 months minimum. Covidly busy he says.
      Up to 5 hours on the engine. Not impressed.

Comment

Took the slack out of the throttle cable. Check for power at the spark plug. Yes there is power. Fuel is fresh premium. Must be a fuel or air starvation problem. Bulb is pumped, fuel in the hose, no problem. Will not start. Suzuki is a problem.

Comment

Should be covered by warranty?

Comment

Apparently not as I stored the engine for a couple of years until I found the right dingy, a 10.5’ Zodiac RIB. The spark is there and gas but no bang! Something is seriously wrong. My frustration with this POS is extreme. Calling Suzuki tomorrow, may have to make a video of me trashing this for U tube. Hope to prevent others making the same mistake.

Comment

Working...
            X