No announcement yet.

DF4 impeller pump base 2 holes.One blocked, what does it do? Carb problem too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF4 impeller pump base 2 holes.One blocked, what does it do? Carb problem too

Quite a tale.
    I recently bought a 2007 DF4 which was shown tested to me where it worked fine. Getting it home and testing it refused to start, tank was empty but it wasn't at test. Seems it had been drained.. Ok fuel into tank then!
    Spraying carb clean in inlet it started first pull and ran for a couple of seconds, so diagnosis, blocked carb. I stripped the carb and cleaned the jets etc. I checked fuel flow which was very strong. The engine then starts and idles ok and will rev up but very choked. I guess another strip down and ultrasonic clean required,
    Whilst it was idling the telltale suddenly stopped. Deciding the impeller probably requiring changing I obtained the kit. On dismantling the leg the first thing I saw was a snapped stud with the nut missing from the impeller housing!
    I stripped down the impeller housing and discovered a chunk missing from the impeller, I stripped out the wear plate and underneath were two holes.One led to an outlet under the leg, the other was blocked by something like hard calcium. I've tried to clear it out but seem to have hit bottom. My main question is what does it do or where does it go ? Given that there is a hole in the gasket and wear plate matching it.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...mp-model-03-04

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-pump-model-05

Two models of water pumps for your engine. Which holes are you referencing in your post? I’m not familiar with your engine but you will have water coming into the pump and exhaust leaving out through the prop.

Comment

Ah thank you. Looking at the 03-04 drawing I see there is a 'knock pin' that fits in that hole as a guide. That's why I bottomed it when cleaning.
      Struggling at the moment removing the remains of the stud. Plenty of stud to grip but I'm very wary of the dissimilar metals and galling of the thread if I try too hard. Slowly does it.

Comment

Working...
      X