Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 175hp unexpectedly trimming to full upright position

Hi all,

First time poster with a bizarre problem.

At home last weekend my 2018 starboard motor just decided to unexpectedly trim itself all the way to upright position (without any user input) whilst my port motor stayed fully down.

I was due to replace the bianncle with a new suzuki binnacle so thinking there was probably a loose wire in the old binnacle throttle console. I tried to diagnose myself by swapping the wires that connect to the throttle console and sure enough the port motor trimmed itself to upright position (without user input) and the starboard motor worked fine. Thinking this was all too weird i decided to replace the dual binnacle with a new suzuki one last weekend.

I thought that had solved the problem but that (i left the batteries on all night accidentally) the starboard motor has trimmed itself up to full upright again and now wont trim back down at all. Port motor still works perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm at a complete loss.

Scott,

Replace the trim/tilt switch on the effected motor yet? Or to test it, un plug the switch on the motor in question see if all is good at the helm. My switch had ingested salt & similar weird stuff happened

Comment

Working...
    X