Engine beeping but no warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine beeping but no warning lights

Hi all, my 2006 df90 plays its initial startup diagnostic beep when I turn the ignition on for the first time, but when no kill cord is present it beeps again. It also beeps when the kill cord is removed (ignition on but engine not running).

Anyone come across anything like this before?

cheers

On “initial startup diagnostic” does the warning lights come on momentarily?

Comment

Yup, all lights go ok and turn off after a second or two as they should. Strangely never makes the noise if kill cord is attached.

Comment

That’s strange, all warning buzzers are accompanied with a corresponding flashing light as far as I know. What is the beeping sequence?

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...agnostic-codes

Comment

So I get the initial beep that runs normally, whilst the diagnostic lights go on, and then I get another. That’s it no lights or anything.

Comment

I have a question…

What are you trying to prove by taking the safety kill off anyway??

As long as the engine doesnt start with it removed, and cuts off the engine when it is pulled off, then I really dont see the point of doing what you are doing?

Am I missing something here?

Comment

For not other reason than it has never done it before! I noticed it when I tried to turned the ignition on to get a fuel reading. No kill cord fitted but a beep after the first beep. Then once kill cord fitted another beep....

Comment

I just checked my own boat and there are no extra beeps when the safety lanyard clip is removed or reattached when the engine is not running but the key is turned on.

So no idea why yours is beeping when its removed or reattached. The only thing I can think of is if there is a coincidence and that the beep is for the 100 hour oil change. Is that likely to be due?

Bottom line anyway, is that if the safety lanyard is working as it should work and doing its job, who cares whether it beeps or not? Have you tested if for correct operation?
                Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-22-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X