02 overheating alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 overheating alarm

02 Suzuki rebranded as Johnson. Giving me the water temp alarm and check engine alarm. Is there anything besides the water pump that this could be going to change that tonight. Boat is limiting rpms. Hoping the water pump change will fix it and it’s not a sensor or som e electrical issue. Thanks!

You don’t give any details of when the impeller was last changed. Putting a new water pump assembly is an inexpensive place to start.

Comment

That’s bc I don’t know. I bought boat used I changed it last night will test it tonight. Are the cylinder temp sensor and exhaust temp sensor the same? Or are they different I’ve done hour of research and still can’t figure it out 100%

Comment

Two temperature sensors, the cylinder temperature sensor is under/beside the thermostat under the ring gear cover and the exhaust temperature sensor is in the exhaust manifold. Both sensors can be tested. I would suggest you get yourself a genuine Suzuki service manual, the procedure and resistances are given for testing the sensors not to mention everything you will ever need to know about your engine. I’ll post a source for a place to look in my next post of a place to look for a PDF copy incase the post gets censored.

Comment

s e l f f i x e r d o t c o m

Comment

Thanks! So the block is actually getting hot so I doubt it is the sensors but I did locate them. I’m going to pull the thermostat and try to flush it from top down.

Comment

Does anyone know where the water pressure relief valve is located at on the df50??

Comment

Yeah I know where it is.... Under the oil pan. You can see part of it when looking up the leg, when the foot is off. But you can't replace it from there. You have to lift off the power head. I didn't disconnect all the cables, nor the flywheel. Then you gotta remove what's left of the leg (4 large bolts), then separate the oil pan & engine holder from the mid section. Nb you don't have to take the engine holder off the oil pan... They can stay together. I just replaced mine. It def needed doing. But there's more issues now. Boo.

Comment

Working...
                X