Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number problem

Hi all! New guy here.
    I have been boating 15 years or so. Best outboard i have ever had was Suzuki-DT 60 which worked well over 10 years. After that engine i’ve had several e/j motors, with about one year service life.
    Two months ago i bought DT-85. Otherwise im very happy with it, but i cant find out its serial number. The seller marked wrong number to papers (number stamped on badboard, about same place where serial number plate is on starboard). Problem is that serial number plate is oxidated and bubbling and only partially visible. Anyway it seems that serial number consists only 4 digits, there simply is not place for longer number.
    Now my question is: is the serial number in some other place in engine too? That small plate is in very vulnerable place and earlier i have heard how some people have lost it when washing the engine, so that makes me think the serial number could be find from some other place too.
    Thanks for any information and sorry my poor English.

8D209CB5-D596-4B5A-AEB3-C84F13FF701D.png On my 2009 DF90A serial number is stamped on the block near the oil filter.

Comment

Working...
    X