Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have rigged a pair of 2016 300AP's. used motors, used rigging. Have some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have rigged a pair of 2016 300AP's. used motors, used rigging. Have some questions.

Hi,

I'm finishing up hanging/rigging a pair of new to me (~1,900hrs) df300ap's. I bought motors and two stations worth of rigging. I've got them "mostly" rigged and running, but a few problems/questions:
    1. When I hit "Port Start", starboard motor fired, and vice versa. I'd have just assumed that I hung the motors in opposite orientation from previous owner, but oddly, the trim on the start/stop panel corresponds correctly (port to port/starboard to Starboard). Thoughts?
    2. I got a 4-2 error on one motor after I connected all rigging. It sounded like a weak battery (few clicks, then nothing). After reading on here and other forums, I toggled neutral switch a few times by hand on the motor, shifted upper and lower helms from F to R and back to N a few times, and metered battery to show good voltage. Tried again and on second press of button, it fired off and code cleared. That feels iffy. I'm not sure what fixed it, or if it's permanently fixed. Thought about just replacing N switch based on forum posts.
    3. Gauge setup: I installed three SMIS gauges that were included. One does not work, the other two power on as soon as they're connected to my existing NMEA2000 network. I assume I'll need to switch power to it moving forward to cure this, but my question is: I'm thinking of moving to C10 gauges. Will the interface cables I have work with them if they work with these or will I need a newer version? Also, the "dual engine adapter cable" has power leads that previous owner had spliced onto a NMEA2000 drop cable (getting power from network?) If I leave this as is and switch the current power feed to network to something (either ignition or it's own switched power source), should I be good to go?
    4. Lastly, what's proper way to run these motors out of the water? With two pickups, neither of which seem to cooperate with flushing muffs, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot things on the trailer.
    Thanks for any and all feedback.

Just bumping up for any feedback. Number 1 I'm pretty sure requires a dealer visit... Which sucks. Not an easily trailerable boat.

Comment

4. Two garden hoses and two set of muffs, can never have too much cooling water.

Comment

To update the starboard vs port situation...dealer backed up, and I really didn't want to pull motors off my boat, so I swapped ECU motor for motor. Appears to have worked!

Comment

Working...
        X