X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing CDI unit DT28 two stroke engine 1980-1982 and coil

Hello,

Thank you for allowing to this forum.

For a project we have a Suzuki DT28 (1980-1982) enginge were the CDI unit is missing. Also de Coil is in bath condition. In the Netherlands were i come from its difficult to get this parts.

I read on this forum that somebody use a universal CDI. Because timing of the ignition depance of more factors. Has any body a good alternative for the orginal CDI (32900-93310). Or must i look to a enginge CDI with a same stroke. Only i do not know if the output electral signal from de flywheel is also a issue then.

Anybody experince with this ?.

Martin from the Netherlands.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...1/electrical-1

Part 1-1, part number matches yours. To my understanding when they say ships in 2-3 days they don’t have the part in stock but can get it. Maybe give them a call. You could also give ebay a try.

Comment

Thank you for responding Murray,

I did see this option only with tax end duty it become to expensive. I have try ebay for a secondhand. I hope that somebody here have a alternative what works. A aftermarket CDI with a coil is for a lot of outboard engines available. but looks that it start from outboard DT25 build 1986 >. I was wonder what the different is between the DT25 >1986 and DT25/28 about 1980. Maybe ik can use then a later model and the choose becomes bigger and also to order in the Netherlands.

Comment

Working...
      X