Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT2 crankshaft

Hi all,

I hope this is OK to ask! I have a DT2 2hp 2 stroke that has been sat in a garage for some years and not run. I did get it going but thought it was worth a proper overhaul and replacement of gaskets etc.

I've managed to get it into pieces and get the crankshaft and piston out (blame brute force and ignorance, I'm now reasonably certain I shouldn't have done this!) and am now having some difficulty getting it all back together, particularly getting the piston back into the cylinder.

I've got the service manual and the exploded diagram makes some sense - a quick review of YouTube indicates that pistons need to be replaced from the top (or rather the back) of the cylinder, so I need to work out how to get the connecting rod off the crankshaft.

I think I need to get a gear puller and get the bearing off, the bit I'm struggling to work out is how to get the crank pin out so I can reinstall the piston from the top.

Am I along the right lines or totally barking up the wrong tree? I'm reasonably mechanically minded but haven't got too much of a clue as to what I'm doing and have got a bit in over my head (mostly used this as a learning exercise!). I've already got replacement gaskets etc to go in.

Thanks in advance!

You might find a large "fuel" type hose clamp (should be smooth stainless band on the inside, well oiled) to clamp rings in (not too tight) to get each piston in on the back side. The hose clamp should slide off as piston is pushed in.

I haven't found anyone that could remove the connecting rods from the crankshaft yet.

Good luck, post back if still having problems.

Comment

Working...
    X