No announcement yet.

Help new member down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the injector drivers internal to the ecu? On a side note I found a harness and an ecu from a running motor and they are in transit to me. Just want to be sure everything else is OK before changing. My Motor ran well before harness melted

Comment

Also I may have been wrong it looks like 2 injectors ohm a little high vs the book. Had 2 a little over 17 ohms I believe the book said 16.5. Should I be worried those injectors are high or is this normal

Comment

Originally posted by Wendell11 View Post
        Okay so I hooked my test light to battery positive and checked each gray wire. Light lit on all 4 then with the key off it lit on wire opposite of gray on cyl 1 and 3 no light on 2 or 4 .
        Unless I am reading your post wrong, with the key OFF, there should be nothing on the grey wires ( ignition feed ) and nothing on the injector ground wires, ) there is a back feed of battery pos either coming from the ecu, shorted driver, or from the wiring in the loom. The injector drivers are internal pin 40 no1 pin 39 no 2 pin 38 no3 and pin 22 no 4.

With normal operation with the key on, battery voltage will flow too and through the injector to the ecu and sit high on the collector and wait for the base to turn on and off from information from the cam and crank sensor.

Mate something is not adding up here, if you disconnected each injector and connected your test light to battery pos probing the grey feed wires, the light should not come on, that is battery pos on battery pos did you test them still connected.

Comment

No sorry I tested voltage with a meter first. So the gray wires are hot all the time? As far as the other wire in the connector forgot the color but cylinder 1 and 3 made the light come on with the key OFF

Comment

So I would have to assume something is shorted internal of the ecu. If I remove the ecu I can check continuity on the pins per the manual for each injector? I should not have continuity correct? And if I do something is shorted.

Comment

In normal operation with nothing wrong in the system, battery voltage should only be on the grey wires with the key on, If you connect a test light to battery pos and touch the injector ground pins on the ecu disconnected, they should not light, if the internal drivers are shorted to ground they will light when connected I suspect two will light and two wont.

If your wiring loom wasn't fried I think it would be an open and shut case, but seeing the loom has been melted two of the injector grounds could be at ground without the ecu applying the ground,
              You need to test the wiring between the ecu connector and the injector plug and make sure there is nothing else on each of the injector ground wires.

Wen you are checking the loom with the ecu disconnected and the injectors disconnected, connect your test light to battery pos and probe each injector ground and if there is nothing going to ground anywhere it should not light. Then from the ecu harness connector end if you leave the test light connected to battery pos at the injector ground, if you touch each pin one at a time moving the test light from pin to pin with a pin connected to ground the light will come on that will tell you the injector grounds are fine.

Comment

Should I be concerned with the 2 injectors that are a little out of spec. All the wires are clear no shorts

Comment

Mate get the engine running and see how she runs, I would be more worried if the ohm readings were less than specs, shorted windings, they are not designed to have a full ground they are pulsed, in circuit current around 900ma, each, as I said get it running on all 4 and see how it performs.

Comment

Will do parts should be here next week and I will update. Thank you for all your help so far.

Comment

Guys. Please take a look at the video. Perhaps something will click.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dang. Sent wrong file. The video isn’t downloading. Will try to shorten it

Comment

If neutral is 12 o’clock. I engage in forward at 11:30 doing 1000 rpm. 3/4 mph. 11 is 2000 rpm. 6 mph. 10:30 is 3000 rpm going 8mph. 10 o’clock is 4000 rpm at 10 mph. 9 o’clock sugars between 4200 and 4000 no faster. Hope this may help.

Comment

Disregard the last 3 posts I got directed to someone else’s issue

Comment

New parts installed today motor runs good now. Now to fix the oil pan gasket that I assume got hot from welding. Anyone have a step by step disassembly Instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by Wendell11 View Post
                                New parts installed today motor runs good now. Now to fix the oil pan gasket that I assume got hot from welding. Anyone have a step by step disassembly Instructions?

I am trying to send you a PM, but you have closed the mailbox. I can't post the link to the forum.
                                Last edited by UrbanBatic; 07-28-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X