2018 DF 250 - Intermittent Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF 250 - Intermittent Shutdown

I have a 2018 DF250 that will shut down with no apparent reason. Initial startup is good, engine runs through all rpm ranges with no issue. The problem seems to occur when moving from one spot to another, engine starts and when getting up on plane or on already on plane, will lose power and engine kills with 3 beeps. I'll turn key off, restart and engine runs fine. C10 gauge is not recording any alarms, so thought it was a fuel delivery problem. I've brought it to the shop and they are not showing any codes, so we've replaced the following: fuel line check valve at tank, water separator, primer bulb, fuel filter on engine. I've tried to duplicate the issue by running through multiple starts/stops, varying rpm ranges and I cannot duplicate. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Follow up - checked all fuel lines & cleaned white wire connections and grounds. Took the boat out today, fished for about 45 minutes. Went to move to a different spot and same issue again - while restarting the engine ran rough for a minute and threw a whole host of codes & shut down. Took a while to restart, but finally did and ran fine. Stopped for 15 minutes to try and duplicate the issue and it did happen again, but engine restarted with no issue and ran fine after that back home. Still looking for answers??

Comment

Have you checked the entire electrical system looking for a loose connection. A bunch of weird codes suggests a low battery/voltage issue. Can you get someone to operate the boat while you poke, prod, wiggle all the wiring harnesses to troubleshoot?

Comment

Working...
      X