No announcement yet.

DF115 runs at 10 MPH full throttle @ 4000 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when you pushed it to WOT you reached around 6000 rpm before bringing it back to 2000 rpm with the engine running smoothly, just to clarify?

Comment

Harper- the speeds I posted are my best in guess. My Speedo isn’t working. I’m 65. I have a good feel for mph/knots.
      Red-the throttle plate opens all the way in WOT. I’ll try sending the picture again but it says it’s too large. The loose wire fix did not make difference. Ran it after I found that.
      im gonna change the prop just to be sure.
      thanks for hanging in there with me.

Comment

Catacom- no when I pushed it to WOT and brought back to idle the rpm reached 2000. I did not hold WOT just floored the throttle and brought back immediately

Comment

Throttle pic with loose wire identified
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
            .Harper I thought you were over it. I hate starting something and not finishing it.
            Ha! Yeah, me too. Besides, I'm somewhat intrigued by Razinkane's situation. But I really don't have any more ideas at the moment. None of the perceived speed vs. RPM figures that he posted make any sense to me. But I'll follow along. Hopefully there will be a solution.

Razinkane, one more question ..... what's the diameter of your SS 17 pitch 4 blade prop? Hopefully not 15" .... Give it a try.
            Last edited by Harper; 07-24-2021, 10:25 AM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Ok. So I changed the prop and took it for a spin. No better. I then pulled my hull plug and about 3-5 gallons of water came out. At first no better then the engine started to sound better and she got on plane and I got it to 4800-5000 rpm going about 25mph. When I brought the throttle back down it bogged down again to 10 mph. I kept playing with it and got it back to 5000 WOT nice rooster tail. I pulled back just a little and bogged down again. I idled on the water to write this.
              tried to get it back on plane for another 15 minutes. No luck. On the lift I pulled the hull plug and it was dry. Thoughts???

Comment

Been raining much? Hopefully it's sitting nose high on the lift. Leave the plug out for a while. Does the plug drain the bilge? Or is it a drain for the inner hull? Reason I ask is my boat has a foam filled hull, foam between the inner and outer hull. I have several drains that can be opened to drain to the bilge any water trapped between the inner and outer hull. All boats take in water, some a little, some more than a little. That's why they have bilge pumps. But if water gets trapped between hulls, it can be a problem getting it out. You might have even more water trapped in there.
                Last edited by Harper; 07-24-2021, 02:47 PM.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It’s a drain for the inner hull. Have separate bilge pump. I believe this is a similar construction of foam. Boat is nose high. I’ll pull the drain and let it drain. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Razinkane View Post
                    Red-the throttle plate opens all the way in WOT. I’ll try sending the picture again but it says it’s too large.
                    You can upload videos and pictures to Google Photos and then send us the links. This is the easiest way around forum file size cap.

Comment

Video. Hope it works

Comment

Nope, doesn't work.
                        Mike
                        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Urban- any additional help re uploading videos would be appreciated.

Comment

Just use this tutorial for photos and videos. In the end, I checked if the link is working with InPrivate Tab (called Incognito on Chrome), and that way I am sure that the media is not in restricted view to anybody of us. It won't have a thumbnail but we will survive.

Comment

Urban. Not sure what’s going on but I’m in a pickle here. I need to upload the video on my laptop but when I go to do that I don’t have the option to reply or upload attachments. Only on my cell. And I can’t send a pic of what I’m seeing cause it exceeds the limit!!!!

Comment

OK I shut down and reopened and the ability to send a message was there. I sent the link below. Hopefully second time is the charm.
                                Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.

Comment

Working...
                                X