DF250 code won’t reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 code won’t reset

I have a 2009 DF 250 it has a code 3–3 I replace the defective neutral safety switch it was showing open in forward. I ordered the three wire test lead to set the proper voltage and adjusted. I also ordered the Amazon Suzuki laptop kit to read the codes. I cannot get the codes to reset. I borrowed a known good ECM plug it in all is well. If I take it to the lake and run it will the code reset? Do I need to take it to the dealer to have the code reset? It will only run 2500 RPMs with the code. New to the Suzuki world. Purchased this motor with a blown head gasket. Did a complete overhaul. Teach automotive at the local high school. I read the code will reset when fault is corrected. But it doesn’t seem to be correcting itself. Thank you in advance for the help.

The computer may not be turning the code off because it might not be seeing what it wants to see, did you check what voltages were on pin 20 and 21 in neutral when the engine was running. or you took the readings from the sensors.

Comment

Yes and I ohmed out the wires and bought a test lead that plugs inline it was $9 don’t have them in front of me but it was like .8 R 1.5 N 4.0 F I did it per service manual I was thinking I might have a bad pin I looked at them with my bore scope up close they look good as well maybe a bad ECM? I read needs to see good readings 30 seconds I may try to go to lake and run it and take my buddies ECM off his 225. No codes with his ECM plugged in. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by PaulDF259 View Post
        Yes and I ohmed out the wires and bought a test lead that plugs inline it was $9 don’t have them in front of me but it was like .8 R 1.5 N 4.0 F I did it per service manual I was thinking I might have a bad pin I looked at them with my bore scope up close they look good as well maybe a bad ECM? I read needs to see good readings 30 seconds I may try to go to lake and run it and take my buddies ECM off his 225. No codes with his ECM plugged in. Thanks for your help
        That is right, that is shift position voltages, the code is for the neutral switch, pin 21, ecu want's to see 12 volts in neutral and 0 in forward or reverse. I assume with the neutral switch open, the engine would not crank over.

Comment

Ok I’ll check the other switch maybe I’m reading wrong one.yes it cranks and runs just 2500 rpms is all
          and Beeping with flash 3-3

Comment

FIXED I am embarrassed to say what it was! If you read my original post you’ll see I just overhauled the engine at a high school with students. I check and double check everything except I didn’t check the wires to the neutral switch. The switch is fine and the thing starts but with motor running I had no tilt figured a lose wire cuz it fixed itself. Well once I got all the wires out I saw two different colored connectors. Had Neutral switch plugged in tilt position and vise versa. I can’t believe it started that way. But good news it’s working and all codes gone. And weird it didn’t set code with borrowed computer I don’t guess I trimmed it up to throw a code while running. Like I said new to Suzuki I would have never guessed there will be multiple connectors that can plug into each other that close. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I was pretty confident that once you had the right voltages on pi 21, that the code would disappear.

Comment

Working...
              X