1996 dt25c timing/start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 dt25c timing/start

Having trouble with motor starting. Been through carbs sonic tank them cleaned everything. Motor will randomly start on full throttle and run but as I lower the throttle it stalls out. I noticed the motor was having issues at idle the past several times out but it would always start back up if I choked it and moved tiller handle to full throttle. This dt25c has electric start with recoil backup. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Couple thoughts. Have you checked cylinder compression? Are the idle mixture screws adjusted per manual, all the same setting, per manual? You should also check the throttle positon sensor, as well as the gear counting coil, to see if they are both reading what the book recommends.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Compression is good in all cylinders, idle mixture screws adjusted per manufacturer, i just got throttle positioning information so I'm going to test it this evening as well as gear counting coil. I see in the manual there's an adjustment screw on the tps. Appreciate the reply ill post my findings

Comment

After cleaning carbs, all the small air/fuel passages need to be blown out with compressed air to insure the passages are cleared out.

If your motor has carbs, I don't think the TPS is adjustable? I would just test it per the manual, or replace it if it fails. The TPS steps timing up/down according to the throttle position, the adj screw won't make it work if it is bad.

Good luck, post back and let us know what you find out.

Comment

Working...
        X