No announcement yet.

DF300AP leaking oil when tilted up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could leak from a few places: oil pan gasket, gaskets on the oil gallery that runs between the two cylinder banks (back of engine but would run to front with the tilt all the way up). I doubt that aluminum plate that's been mentioned actually corrodes. Any hole there is more likely to be a manufacturing run of a few bad castings. I think the best way to find the leak will be to remove the cowlings, clean everything up real well, fill the oil to the correct level, tilt it up and check it periodically to see where it's coming from.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

duplicate post

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
        duplicate post
        Referring to whose post, briscoe?
        Last edited by Harper; 08-23-2021, 11:13 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It appeared to me that I made a post in duplicate. I see now, not so. It was same info you stated. If it's under the cowl it's from the power head. I lean toward valve cover, since it's in front. Could even be a Plug. Easy to pull wire and look.

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
            It appeared to me that I made a post in duplicate. I see now, not so. It was same info you stated. If it's under the cowl it's from the power head. I lean toward valve cover, since it's in front. Could even be a Plug. Easy to pull wire and look.
            Yes, could be valve covers, too. But I think they're in the back on the V-6.
            Last edited by Harper; 08-24-2021, 12:18 AM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Yikes. in the front..............

Comment

Off topic, but where do you normally fish, briscoe? I live in the Hill Country and usually launch from Port Aransas, but try to fish in your area at least once a year, usually late fall. I launch from either the Texas City dike or Stingaree on Bolivar.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                X