2013 DF140A issues please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 DF140A issues please help

Hello, having big issues with my outboard. Replaced all filters (including fuel/water & vst), high and low pressure pump, new plugs, new o2, thermostat, (maybe more). After 30-45 mins of running regardless of RPM range it falls on its face (40 mph to 10) and will not accelerate. If you turn key off and start back up will run good for a couple seconds and drop rpm again. Occasional misfires as well as surging (speed up and down randomly). Had 3 beeps then nothing after so I changed O2. Tested yesterday and after running RPM gradually declines and falls on its face then has a 1/1 code every 5-8 seconds. Any idea of what to change/ check? Had a mechanic throw the computer on it in the drive way and he said nothing was wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe ECU (supposedly replaced once already 3 yrs ago)?

Forgot to mention after it messes up and you run again if you press the trim up/down it seems to affect motor and drop rpm.

Comment

It sounds like you have a problem with battery voltage, check the voltage with the engine running at a round 20000rpm at the battery, and ignition switch on the grey wire, and the white wire, put a load on the engine eg, trim up and down and watch the volt meter and see if it drops or goes higher 1,1 is for over charging, it is possible you may have a shorted cell in the battery making the alternator over charge or the reg.

Comment

Used the battery selector switch and changed batteries the other day and it had the same issues. Also the batteries are 6-8 months old. Will still check but would it make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by winstonisme View Post
          Used the battery selector switch and changed batteries the other day and it had the same issues. Also the batteries are 6-8 months old. Will still check but would it make a difference?
          Mate a code 1,1 is for high voltage, I can't tell you much more until you check the voltage test out. First establish that the voltage is not going over 15 volts.

Comment

Working...
          X