1988 dt 115 suzuki outboard driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 dt 115 suzuki outboard driving me crazy

My dt115 will not rev up past idle just had carbs done new fuel pump new hoses new water sensor and paid big money for a new cdi have put a meter on all sensors could oil switches every thing checks out fine what can be the problem

Check the magneto, there are high and low condenser charge coils. The low coil operates for idle speeds, the high coil, blends at mid-range, then takes over for higher rpms. You need the manual to know what wires to check. Also check the rectifier/regulator, make sure they are putting out the correct voltage.

Also; before or after testing coils above. All must be tested by the Suzuki manual specs.
    1. Test the gear counting coil (location important, it has to count each tooth and space on flywheel).
    2. Test TPS (throttle position sensor).

Good luck, post back when able, to let us know how it's going.

Comment

Dt 115 driving me crazy

Have check out magneto component they all tested out fine but the throttle valve sensor was bad have one on order will up date a soon as I receive and install

Comment

Just put is new throttle valve sensor and to my surprise she ran like a bance have spent so much time trying to figure this thing out.
        Thank for your imput

Comment

Am glad you have it going again.

keep it in good shape, and if using ethanol fuel, use an fuel additive in every tank. Also, don't let it sit too long, these motors have to be used/ run to keep moisture out, and all internal parts freshly oiled to stay in shape.

Good luck, happy boating!

Comment

Working...
          X