Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 2003, Winterize fuel system?

Hello!

Here in Sweden we've started using E10 fuel, which is 10% ethanol. I'm not worried about running it at all. But i don't really like the idea of having it in the system over the winter.
    I will also do a full service this winter, because i bought the engine this summer so i want to know everything is absolutely perfect for next season!
    I read the "Maintenance Matters" thread, but the link for the Fuel Conditioner is dead.

Any tips? I really love my engine, she's running like an absolute champ, and i would like her to do so for many years!
    Thanks guys!

Here in North America, with some research, not all fuel has ethanol added so we can still buy non ethanol fuel. I wonder if it’s the same in Sweden? You’ll have to ask at different fuelling stations. It’s recommended that you fill your tank to 95% capacity and add a fuel stabilizer as per manufacture directions. These Suzuki’s burn so little fuel that I start adding fuel stabilizer well before winter storage ensuring the stabilized fuel has lots of time to distribute throughout the entire fuel system. Purchased my boat used from a lady that hadn’t run the boat in two years, she had a shop winterize the engine before storage, the fuel in the tank was a light amber colour, the fuel in the VST was almost black. The shop didn’t run the engine long enough to distribute the stabilizer throughout the entire fuel system. IMHO 10 minutes at idle isn’t long enough to completely replace the fuel in the VST with stabilized full. In spring I’ll drain about 25-30ml. of fuel from the VST checking for water and sediment. I don’t use ethanol fuel so fuel separation shouldn’t be an issue but I still check.

Comment

I have ran E10 since 2002. The only fuel availabe in Canada.

I ran it in my 130hp 2 stroke Yamaha, and my DF140A. I use to drain the tank of the 130, and Carbs. The DF140's boat has the New Ventless Tank system, so |I can't drain it. I just run a good dose of Stabil my last couple of trips, then top off the tank. It sits Nov-May. noo issues

Comment

Originally posted by D'oh999 View Post
        I have ran E10 since 2002. The only fuel availabe in Canada.

I ran it in my 130hp 2 stroke Yamaha, and my DF140A. I use to drain the tank of the 130, and Carbs. The DF140's boat has the New Ventless Tank system, so |I can't drain it. I just run a good dose of Stabil my last couple of trips, then top off the tank. It sits Nov-May. noo issues
        https://www.pure-gas.org/

Comment

I think this is the only thing we can get close to without a bunch for Ethanol in it:
          https://www.aspenfuels.com/products/alla/aspen-4/
          Although it's super expensive so fiilling my tank would be around 700 dollars i think.
          But we can get E5, which is the old 98 Octane fuel, but hard to get to the boat.

I'm thinking of just simply adding alot of stabilizer and run it, and then maybe just run the motor with E5 from a gas can? To get as little Ethanol in the engine as possible. (Also with stabilizer ofc)
          The engine will be dismounted and stored indoors with heat on.

Comment

At $700 I wouldn’t be using that! If E5 is a pain then I would just stick with E10, many boat owners burn the cheapest fuel they can buy. I have a choice at the pumps to chose non ethanol fuel so for me it’s a no brainer. When adding stabilizer I follow the directions and add about 10% extra, mainly because I’m never exactly sure how much fuel is in the tank. “The engine will be dismounted and stored indoors with heat on.” Interesting comment. That’s a lot of work, mine sits in an unheated garage in northern Canada attached to the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
              All Canada: Shell V-Power 91, Canadian Tire 91
              Atlantic Canada: Irving Fuels premium
              Western Canada: CO-OP premium
              Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island: all unleaded gas
              Ontario: Costco 91
              British Columbia: Chevron 94

Non of these jn our town.

Comment

Working...
              X