DF-140A sparkplug change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF-140A sparkplug change

I'm needing to change the plugs on my 2019 DF-140A. Is it straightforward or are there some tricks? Reccomendations on brand of plug?

Those spark plugs are a long way down. In my case my spark plug socket was too fat to fit down the hole, I had to use the plug socket that came with the engine tool kit. As with any spark plug, thread the plug in by hand to ensure you haven’t cross threaded the spark plug.

Comment

Any reason to go with anything other than the standard NGK BKR6E?

Comment

Why would you use a knock off? These are 3 or 4 bucks max each. It's not like they are IR type, which can cost 20 each. Come on..... I guess I'm the only one to answer your post.

Comment

I was only asking if there is any reason to use different plugs. I thought this forum was a good place to ask that question, apparently not. But one more "dumb" question. I see BKR6E-11 plugs on Amazon. Are those OK for the DF-140A? I think the 11 is heat range but I'm not sure.
          Last edited by ShellKnobCat; 08-29-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

The "6" is the heat range.they will be fine.

Comment

On further investigation I see that the -11 is the preset spark gap. Just need to change it to the specified gap which IIRC is .31.

Comment

Working...
              X