DF200 Temperature Gauge Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 Temperature Gauge Install

Just bought a new to me DF200 on a 22 Bay boat. Would like to install a temp gauge. Have heard about an interface that can be used? But haven't had any explanation for this, and if it is compatible with my enge (2005) DF200. Was thinking an Analog gauge, but would also like to try an interface into my Lowrance if it is possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Comment

so after reading this, looks like there is not a cable available for a 2005 DF200.. I did find starter kit for some sort of NMEA interface,, (all greek to me) but cant find info on hookup. If I can just tap into the engine to run a simple temp sensor, I am fine with that also, but would like to interface if it is available. Any info on a tap of some sort in the block that a sensor could be screwed into?

Comment

The key component is the engine interface cable. And your conclusion after reading the sticky thread is correct - interfaces for a 2005 engine are very difficult to find. Occasionally they do come up so maybe just keep searching. If you have a good Suzuki dealer nearby you could ask them to let you know if do repower for someone to a new engine and have a early model interface cable become available.

The NMEA2000 starter kit = the network backbone that the interface, gauges etc all connect to. Without the interface cable its …… no use at all as far as engine data is concerned.

As far as I know the Suzuki analogue gauges dont include a temp gauge. You just get the temp warning light on the tacho.

Comment

Working...
        X