Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF200 Won't Start, please help

Ok,

Here's the synopsis, and please don't just refer me to the White Wire page, as I have been there many times and there is an additional symptom never mentioned on that page.

I had what appeared to be low batteries, she wouldn't start, but she turned over a little. I yanked the batteries and charged them fully, reconnected the system and when I turn the key I get the whistle and gauges flip, but nothing when I turn it to start. Additionally, I have no power trim AT THE MOTOR, and when I press the power trim on the gear shift I get a click sound from the engine. I took all of the additional power drawing sources away and have hooked the battery directly to the white wire and the negative battery cable and boom - same thing. Whistle, nothing when the key goes to start, and no trim at the motor and a click when remote trim button is pressed. I went to the dealership down the road - fearing it was the ECM, but with no trim they said it had to be the white wire. I replaced the white wire. Still the same thing. Took one of the batteries to NAPA and had it tested, and under load it dropped to 10 volts and registered as bad, or at least nearly bad. Replaced that battery. With fingers crossed hooked up my white wire then my negative to the brand new battery, and BOOM - same thing.

I am at a loss. Rather not drop the coin on an ECM and have that not be the solution. If someone can send me in the right direction....thanks.

Given what you said you have done, I would be suspicious of the main battery cables.

Internal corrosion can cause high resistance in those cables and all it takes is a tiny pinprick in the insulation and boom, water gets in and corrosion starts.

Comment

Mate you have got voltage drop problems, if you want to fix it your self you need a wiring schematic multimeter and test light, with a bit of electrical knowledge.
      If you have that, you should be able to sought it out with a bit of help from the forum.

I wouldn’t condemn a battery that dropped to 10 volts with probably 300 amps being drawn from it.
      The clicking sound you can hear when pressing the trim button will be the trim relay energising.

Comment

You mention:
        Here's the synopsis, and please don't just refer me to the White Wire page, as I have been there many times and there is an additional symptom never mentioned on that page.

So tell me what you are referring to?

Are you getting voltage to the white wire at the key switch? if so what is the reading? and secondly the gray wire that then should tun back to the ECU, when you turn the key to the run position.

The ECU needs full voltage to operate properly and if not you all sorts of wired problems .
        Art

Comment

Doesn't sound like any white wire problem. Nothing with the white wire circuit would prevent the motor from even cranking ("nothing when the key goes to start"). Bad battery cables, as Moonlighter suggested, bad wiring in the start circuit, even a bad ignition switch. But not the white wire.
          Last edited by Harper; 10-02-2021, 10:02 AM.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X