DF140 fresh install , won’t run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 fresh install , won’t run

Morning, I’ve fitted a 2008 df140 to a rib for a friend, it’s in, all as I’d expect it to be to get it to run.

only have power to trim buttons on the motor itself, nothing else works at all…. I’ve read the sticky regarding the white wire, but I’m a bit mythed here’s what I’ve found

next to main engine harness, a square plug is a white wire with a bullet connection, there is nothing connected to it, is this the Infamous white wire I see posted about elsewhere? If so, am I missing part of the loom ? What should be connected to this, does it come from the remote end or do I have something missing

I can get pics later if needed

Thanks

Tom

Hi again, so I’ve put a piece of wire with an inline fuse to this white wire , and hey presto, she came to life….. I’ve ran the live from the positive terminal on the solenoid with an online 10amp fuse…. Is this ok as a permanent fix ??

Comment

Reread the White Wire sticky again. By hooking the white wire to the starter solenoid you may cause electrical spikes to the ECU. Safest is the positive post on the battery.

Comment

Hi Murray, cheers for the reply, yes it was just a temp attempt at getting it powered up, just wanted to be sure that the bullet connection on the white wire was correct place to add 12v.

cheers

Comment

Working...
        X