Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to run a 2017 DF90A on an engine stand? White wire problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run a 2017 DF90A on an engine stand? White wire problem.

I have a 2017 Suzuki DF90A that is a warranty rebuild. I’m trying to sell it but I would like to be able start it and let it run so people know it runs correctly. However, it’s on an engine stand and I’m not exactly sure how to hook everything up and start it because of the white wire battery sub cable. I have a wire harness, key switch, battery cables, and the white wire. Can anyone explain to me and make me a diagram of how everything should be hooked up to run it on the stand.

White wire to battery +.
    main battery cables to battery + and neg respectively.

Comment

That’s how I originally hooked everything up. White wire from + to harness and battery cables hooked up + and -. When I turned the switch to the on position I could hear the pump engage, however when I went to turn it over nothing happened

Comment

You probably have not got your neutral switch bridged at the shifter wiring connector

Comment

How would I go about doing that?

Comment

There should be an extra connector on the loom with two brown wires on it that connect to the shifter neutral switch. Find it connect a test light to ground, turn the key to the start position and it should light the test light on one pin, bridge the connector and it should crank.

Comment

Working...
            X