2019 2.5 Short to Long conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 2.5 Short to Long conversion

I have a never run, DF2.5 short that I want to extend to a long shaft. I guess it's pretty easy but someone here may be able to save me some mistakes with advice please. Also, is there such a thing as an extra long shaft for this little motor?

Thank you,

Greg near Philly
    Last edited by gregleetaylor53; 10-18-2021, 06:53 PM.

Have you tried calling Boats.net. They sell Suzuki parts on this site and were very helpful with questions I had concerning my motor. Have your serial number available and they can tell you if a lower unit is available to swap out. You may be able to sell your used one on Ebay. Just a thought.

Comment

I have just sent boats.net this inquiry and thanks Briscoe! I'll respond when I have their answer...

Comment

I got a shaft extension kit from "Bay manufacturing " for my 25 Mariner. Did not see one for your 2.5 Suzuki. Maybe some one else makes one.

Comment

Here's an odd Inquiry... My little DF2.5 is an auxillary for this little sailboat I have recently built. One of the things I'm wanting to do is to (avert your eyes if squeemish) paint the motor. Yes that's right! I really like Suzuki and this quiet little 4 stroke but I want it to "blend in" with the boat as best I can so...

My plan would be to Degrease it, Disassemble it, Sand it, Mask it Spray it ...

Now what do you say?

If you will...

Attached Files

Comment

Paint it what ever colour you want. Outboard manufacturers brag about their corrosion protection so I’d assume you would loose Suzuki’s special efforts to minimize corrosion.

Comment

for the very lmited use and care this little one would get, corrosion prevention should not be an issue. I'm guessing a very small percentage of motors get painted almost all over ( i will mask off certain parts...

Comment

All right, My DF 2.5 Serial number is 00252F-910093. I would like to convert this never run short shaft to a long shaft if possible. Can this be done?

Z outboard serial #.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by gregleetaylor53; 10-30-2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X