Df70 (2007}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df70 (2007}

HI, i have the above outboard and when it gets to 3,000 rpm it starts spluttering and hunting, i have replaced the fuel, both filters and fuel line, but the problem still exists, any advise please.

On page one of this forum you will find a section of “Sticky” scroll down to “Suzuki diagnostic codes”, at the bottom there is 2 pdf files. Open them and look for codes that have yes for fail-safe activation system. Any one of those codes could be your issue. I’m assuming that’s your issue, the fail-safe activates at 3000rpm to protect your engine. As you can see there is a lot of codes that will cause your engine to go into fail-safe mode. Any more information you can provide to help narrow down the list? Any code showing up on the tachometer? Did you do anything to the engine that might cause the engine to activate the fail-safe system? You haven’t provided enough information for forum members to help. Suzuki has a SDS software system that will read engine codes, dealers will have it and you can also buy the software and DIY.

Comment

3000rpm is where the neutral throttle switch limits revs when the engine is in neutral gear.

This switch can fail. When it fails the signal that goes to the ecu to tell it that the engine is in gear is not received so the ecu prevents the engine revving past 3000rpm. Its not uncommon on older engines for this part to fail. If the engine was hooked up to the Suzuki diagnostic computer it could easily be checked to see if the signal was being received or not.

This switch is located on the gear linkages on the starboard side of the engine, and can be replaced without too much difficulty, and its not expensive. If you inspect the switch you may even be able to see that it’s broken.

Use the “Buy Suzuki Parts” link in the blue bar at the top of this forum to locate your engine and search the parts listings there and you will find the part there.

Comment

Working...
      X