1982 dt140 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 dt140 parts

I am new t this forum so i hope i am going aout this correctly. I recently picked up a boat with a 1982 dt140 which i wanted to go through before hitting the water. I found the water pump in severe need of replacement to the point where the housing looked damaged from heat. Locating said parts seem to be very difficult. Curious to know if there is an interchange with a newer model year or possably a newer lower unit that will fit. 1986 and up years shows parts readily availabe just about anywhere and reasonably priced. If any one has any input that would be great. Unfortunately affording a new outboard is out of the question right now. The engine seems to run good the short periods of time i ran it (5-10 minutes) . Didnt want to run it long as I had no water pumping through and temp guage was getting warm.

Dt 40 suzuki

Try Brown's point marine of New Jersey USA.
    Open on Internet, you will find that they will supply with drawing and list of any part you need, or of course go to a local chandlery . They should be able to supply you with the water pump parts or pass to a marine environment. engineer. DO NOT RUN ENGINE UNTIL PUMP IS WORKING NOR RUN OUT OF WATER.

Comment

I saw you tried the message in the forum for this guy, but did you try to email him as it is below?

Richard@bobhewesboats.com

Let us know if you get anything. I can check my old files to see if I have another contact for him.

Post back.

Comment

Working...
      X