Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF90/115/140 IAC compatibility with car part??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90/115/140 IAC compatibility with car part??

Ive read in a few threads people finding a car IAC that is the same as the marine IAC for much cheaper, but they do not list the car/part number. Does anyone know if there is a compatible IAC that fits DF140 from a car?

I’d be willing to bet there is, in fact I’d bet every sensor on a Suzuki outboard can be outsourced for a lot less. I’d be interested in getting my hands on such a list. As far as I know you would have to get any and all numbers from the sensor in question and start Googling. Once you find what appears to be a suitable replacement you would then have to verify that the specifications/operating parameters match Suzuki specifications. Personally I’d be more apt to order a sensor from Suzuki knowing that what I’m getting will fit and perform to Suzuki’s specifications as opposed to spending hours researching sensors. Should you find an “aftermarket” IAC sensor please post the details.

Comment

Its not hard to find a non genuine IAC valve to suit.

Here is a link to Precision Suzuki ad for IAC valve fir Suzuki outboards. You will see that its common on nearly all Suzuki outboards.
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220577626831

Use the same part number as per that ad in a google search and you will find many, many aftermarket versions.

From memory the part is stamped with the makers mark (Mitsubishi electronics IIRC).

There have been many discussions on this forum and others such as THT where people have used aftermarket replacements. It seems to me that those who used ones made by Mitsubishi and sourced from reputable parts suppliers found they were identical and performed reliably as expected.

Comment

From my other post. Used this on a 07 DF 150, may be the same for 140HP

Replaced IAC with Auto Zone part # AC4218 ($164), same OEM Mitsubishi made part that was on the motor but $150 less than most eng part suppliers,

Engine runs great. .

Comment

DF115 and DF140 are strange birds. Completely different IAC than the others. I think others are easy to find substitutes, but the DF115/140 series, not so much.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I just went to the Buy Suzuki Parts link above and using my 2010 DF115 details, found the part number for the IAC valve to suit.

Part number is 18137-77E00

$312 is the listed price. https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki...0869fbda942863

Then I used that part number to do a google search.

Came up with multiple hits of genuine and non genuine.

This part came up as a genuine Suzuki car part for $175

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182923293191

Many others available. I would just go to my local auto parts suppliers and ask for that part number and that you want a Mitsubishi branded part.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
              Many others available. I would just go to my local auto parts suppliers and ask for that part number and that you want a Mitsubishi branded part.
              You're good, Grant.
              I didn't look for any replacements ,

but it is different than the other outboards.

Haha
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

You're good, Grant.
                I didn't look for any replacements ,

but it is different than the other outboards.

Haha
                Cheers Mike!

Its interesting that almost all other hp Suzuki outboards use a common IAC part, yet the 115/140’s use a different model.

The 2.0 litre engine that the 115/140 is based on the Suzuki Vitara 4WD engine. So maybe its passed on from that model?

Anyways, good to know its easy to source a non-Suzuki marine replacement for far less. Its expected that Suzuki marine would source common components and not develop them specifically.

I did see a couple of posts over on THT where some people found that the wiring connector was different on some of them, they just changed the connectors across and solved that problem without much difficulty.

Comment

Yep got one off a 2.0 suzuki from a wrecker for $30.00, just to confirm that my old one was gone! Plugged straight in and still going strong

Comment

Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                    X