2006 suzuki 115hp 4 stroke leaking crankcase oil from prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 suzuki 115hp 4 stroke leaking crankcase oil from prop

2006 suzuki 115hp leaking oil from prop..I have replaced head gasket..replaced oil pan..replaced oil seals...still dumping oil..please help[..

There are only 2 places I know of where oil can dump out of the prop.
    1) the exhaust gases and water from engine go through the engine holder gasket. This is between power head and and engine holder. I don't think that sees enough oil to dump a large amount.
    2) the oil pan and engine holder gasket. This area sees the same exhaust gases before it make it to the lower unit and out the prop.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Is there another area where a large amount of oil can be dumped out the prop?
    Good luck Dockside.

Comment

Pull the leg off and see if the oil is running down the drive shaft leaking from the main output seals.

Comment

when we took the lower unit off there was oil all over the shaft and on top of the water pump housing..I think the motor ran hot and no buzzers going off..Im guessing when it ran hot its swelling the oil seals ? is that possible ?

Comment

I think when you cooked the engine the seals would have been cooked as well and they have gone hard. This will allow the oil to pass between the seals and the sealing face of the output shaft hub because there will be no flexibility in the seals.

Mate if the oil smelt burnt after it happened your engine is never going to be as good as it was before it was cooked, valve springs loose there tension and piston rings loose wall tension.

Comment

Working...
          X