Swivel bracket grease coming out the bottom only 2020 200DFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swivel bracket grease coming out the bottom only 2020 200DFA

I have a 2020 200DFA W 33 hours. A few months ago at 23 hrs I put some grease in the zerk fitting for the steering Swivel bracket until grease came out the top and bottom. I used marine grease( Lucas) Just put in enough to see factory grease move out top and bottom. Here is my issue. Now at 33 hours after winterizing I put some in and now grease only comes out the very very bottom not the lower side of the bracket. After tilting and greasing at different positions and greasing while having someone turn steering side to side it only comes out the bottom. I used a rubber glove and held the bottom tight and pumped grease in and got a good bit of factor grease (white) to come out top (new grease blue) but nothing out lower point of bracket. It freely comes out bottom w each pump. Weather is in 50s. Gonna try in warm weather w air grease gun if necessary. PS steering is completely functional no issues just the grease not moving. Dealer shrugged it off and said not to worry. Typical I thought. Any advise as to what to do would be appreciated. I trailer, fresh water cool w salt away so idk. Sounds like a minor issue but I hoped to keep new engine and maintain for many years do not want a head ache down the road. Should I get it recorded for warranty? Request dealer do his job lol? or am I nuts?

nothing to worry about, it just took the path of least resistance (out the bottom)

Comment

I was thinking it was something like that as it is new. I really appreciate the response. Thank you.

Comment

I had the same appearance out the bottom. One day when washing off motor I concentrated the nozzle at the top swivel. Once again the grease started coming out the top. It didn't come out for several years before breaking through. I never had any problems. However, now it makes a messy spot in 2 places.

Comment

Thanks briscoe interesting. I watched a video of someone using an grease gun attached to an air compressor servicing a new Suzuki 300HP w 100 hrs on it. He had someone at the wheel working the engine all the way left and right while he squeezed grease in the fitting. The grease came out the lower portion of the swivel bracket and out the bottom where the splined shaft goes in. It never really came out the top. My guess is that is the taking the path of least resistance as stated by ECU1884. Not really thrilled how that works. On my 2020 200DFA it came out the top and lower portion of bracket first service. The next time only out the bottom until I plugged it w my hand in a set of rubber gloves then it came out the top but not the lower portion off the swivel bracket and continued to come right out the bottom. Not thrilled but not gonna sweat it. Looks like YouTube guys are freeing up ancient swivel brackets w all sorts of neat tricks.

Comment

Working...
          X