DF250 Tach Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 Tach Question

I have a 2008 DF250. The warning lights on the tach and the alarm horn do not come on when I turn the key. The needle moves to show engine hours as it always has. The motor starts and runs fine. Tach reads RPMs normally when the motor is running. Any suggestions?

The lights are actually a whole different circuit than the tach itself, and the wiring for the lights is separate from the signal and power wires to the tach. Look in the back of the tach for a plug with four wires in a flat configuration. It might be loose. My definition of the plug is just a wild guess, since my lights are separate from the tach on their own 2" gauge.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Turn on your private message feature and I can send you a screenshot of a wiring diagram of a 2009 DF90A. Not your engine but it might help, depending on how much Suzuki has changed between 2008 and 2009. I could post it here but for some reason the screenshot will be too blurry to be of any use. Maybe that’s Adobe’s way of ensuring you buy their products, I don’t know. I could email it to, send me a private message with your email address if you want.

Comment

The warning lights run off 2 separate wires to the tach signal, the tach signal comes via the 4 pin plug.

The warning light wires are just fitted with bullet connectors on the wires. So check them and make sure the wires arent damaged, broken or corroded.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. I believe I had a corroded ground connection. I cleaned it up and everything started working. I didn’t know the tach and alarm wiring was separate.

Comment

Working...
          X