DT-150 wont start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT-150 wont start!!!

I'm new here. Excited that there is even a forum for Suzuki. I bought a 1993 DT-150. Not been started for couple years guy said. Said it ran when parked. He tried to start it with no luck. I checked fire by taking plug out while plug wire on and grounding on block. I saw no spark. Another thing I noticed was when the key is turning on the electric fuel pump was silent. Should it not come on for a second when key is turned on. when the key is turned on there is a loud beep I assume that's normal. It is fuel injected. I simply don't know where to look for problems. Is there fuses that could cut the spark and fuel somewhere. Appreciate any help that's out there.

***! Thought someone would have some sort of advice on here. Nothing??

Comment

Sorry, this is the first time I've seen your post.

Yes, you should hear the electric fuel pump spin up when key turns on. However, this should not shut down all plug firing.

If this motor truly was running when put up, i would start testing each of the electrical components, fuses, regulator/rectifier, magneto, and starter does work I'm guessing?

I'm also guessing you should check all wire connectors/ plugs, grounds, etc.

Post back what you find out.

Comment

Working...
      X