Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be my best chance to get a working lower unit for a 2011 DF 140 TX (25")?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be my best chance to get a working lower unit for a 2011 DF 140 TX (25")?

The serial number is 14002F-113423, which should mean that it's a 2011 production model, even if it was bought late in 2012. I have tried looking here in Norway, and I can only get it new, which means around 5000 dollars. Rebuilding it will be almost as expensive, hours and parts cost a lot here. And since the motor has 1800 hours behind it that seems a bit excessive, to say the least. What would be my best chance of sourcing one from the US? In Norway the market is small, and the few used lower units I have found are for the shorter version, seems like the 25" is very rare here. So any tips or help would be appreciated! I have looked at eBay, but couldn't find anything. I have access to a freight company, so I would only need something that could be delivered to the East Coast, not internationally.
    Mastif in Norway, with a 2011 MS Boats S6900, 2011/2012 Suzuki DF 140

Thanks, but isn't that the emtpy case only? The model is correct, but I need a complete lower unit. And we do have two companies in Norway who does lower units, none of them have the XL in. There's nothing on Finn.no, which is the "Craig's list" that covers all of Norway either. The closest I can get is a company in Sweden, but that will be around 3200 US dollars for a serviced unit, and since my outbord is so old and has so many hours that seem a bit too much. Especially since it's been in salt water in Norway all those hours, and I was warned by the company in Sweden that there are severe corrosion problems with those motors.

Comment

My apologies you are correct. BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Well, if it was only another thousand... In Norway we call it "boat money", meaning 1 unit of boat money is 1000 NOK, so around 110 USD.

Comment

Not sure how much I would trust it... but eBay does have some "refurbished/rebuilt" lower units with some kind of warranty going for around $1800... I've bought a lower unit for a smaller outboard on eBay a while back and it worked great and saved me thousands. I've also seen some 3rd party websites offering rebuilt lower units in the $2k range. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks! 1800 is not bad in itself, but with shipping to Norway and Norwegian sales tax you can probably add another 1000. I would really prefer something that's just taken off an engine with a corroded adapter plate or something, and lower priced. That may keep me running for a few years while I save up for a new(er) motor.

Comment

Working...
            X