Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The silliest little screw is seized. Known issue? Both motors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The silliest little screw is seized. Known issue? Both motors.

Trying to take the covers off that cover the oil pan on my DF300AP motors so that I can change the oil an anode.

I get all of them off until I get to the one that is directly below the flush port on the outside of the motor. This is the little 8mm head bold with a Phillips head in the center.

I can get PB blaster at the mating surface between the plastic panels, I can get PB blaster on the actual head... But there is just NO moving this bolt/screw.

Is there any magic? BOTH motors have the same issue -- so I have to think this is common.

Thanks!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw_extractor

As a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post

I'm trying to avoid getting to that point.

Comment

If the slots in the Philips head are not buggered up too much, a little heat to pull the PB Blaster into the threads followed by a sharp blow(s) to an impact driver may break them loose.
        >
        Lisle Hand Impact Driver - 1/2" Drive - Includes #2, #3, #4 Phillips and 3/8" straight bits - Can also be used with 1/2" drive impact sockets

Hope this helps.

Comment

Tried an 8mm socket and a drill impact driver? Thats the usual method that gets the job done.

Comment

I agree on the impact driver. I had an issue removing a philips head screw from a bow light. No matter how much downward pressure using a variety of screw drivers, the head was getting stripped. One pop using an impact and it came right out. Beyond amazed. Apply force, and go SLOW.

Comment

Working...
            X