2018 DF200 Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF200 Won't Start

I have 2018 Sea Pro 219 with a DF200. Boat/motor was serviced last Oct and was running great. Put it in my covered lift in December where it has been all winter. Put it in the water today and the motor won't start. Batteries are fully charged, plenty of fuel, pumped the squeeze bulb, checked the kill switch lanyard. Throttle is in neutral. Press the starter button and starter cranks but engine does not start. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

How old is the fuel? What colour is the fuel? Drain the VST to check the fuel for colour and the possibility of water in fuel. Is it possible that corrosion may have set in over the storage period? You have “plenty of fuel” Is the fuel getting to the spark plugs? Are you getting spark at the plugs? Safety lanyard in place?

Comment

Fuel was from October, had fuel stabilizer for the winter. Lanyard is in place. How do I check if fuel is getting to the plugs? (Sorry not as familiar with engine as I should be...)

Comment

When you added fuel stabilizer did you run the engine ensuring the stabilized fuel replaced the non stabilized fuel in the entire fuel system? After cranking the engine over remove the spark plugs and check for wet plugs. (Wet with fuel) I would suggest you remove one plug at a time so you don’t get the wires mixed up.

Comment

I forgot to ask. Can you here your high pressure fuel pump running for about 3 seconds with the key on but the engine not started?

Comment

Yes, can hear what I believe is the fuel pump. So I was hoping it was something simple. The dealer came out and could not find the problem eithe, so have to tow the boat and get it to their shop. Fortunately its still under warranty. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Let us know what the issue was when it’s fixed. Please and Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X