Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT9,9 1979 - High rev and stalling

Hello!

I have this very odd problem with my DT9,9. I am able to fire it up with choke. However, when I fire it up the rev are very high and it doesnt matter if I have the choke on or not. After a little while it stalls, no matter how I try to correct the throttle. Ive tried to adjust the air/fuel mixtre screw in all kinds of ways but it have had no impact what so ever. Ive also tried to push fuel forward while its running just to make sure it isnt the fuel pump that is causing this problem - still the same problem.

I have also cleaned the carb. I have even tried with ANOTHER carb that I know is working perfectly (from another engine, DT9,9, same model). Didnt fix the issue, same problem.

Im running out of ideas! Do you have any?

Do you have a mixture screw and a throttle stop screw on the side of your carb? Does your throttle cable attach at the top of your carb?

You should set the mixture screw at what setting the manual recommends. Also, make sure the throttle slide is free to slide all the way down to the throttle stop screw, this screw is your idle adjuster, not the mixture screw.

What is the serial number of your motor?

Post back when able to let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      Do you have a mixture screw and a throttle stop screw on the side of your carb? Does your throttle cable attach at the top of your carb?

You should set the mixture screw at what setting the manual recommends. Also, make sure the throttle slide is free to slide all the way down to the throttle stop screw, this screw is your idle adjuster, not the mixture screw.

What is the serial number of your motor?

Post back when able to let us know.
      I do have a mixture screw and a throttle stop screw on the side. And yes, my throttle cable attach at the top of my carb. The mixture screw is set what the manual recommends, i believe it was 1,5-1,75 turns. But ive tried several settings either way. The throttle slide is free, ive looked inside the carb while adjusting the throttle to make sure its OK.

I dont have the serial number right now but according to brownspoint its a 1978 (my mistake with 1979 in the topic).

Suzuki Outboard DT 9.9 Model & Serial Numbers - Browns Point Marine Service, LLC

The serial number starts with a "D", that Im sure of. I"ll check the exact serial number if thats of any help.

Comment

Working...
      X