Water pressure sensor df115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure sensor df115

Hello. Anyone know if there is a water pressure sensor that fits the df115 14 mod and is connected to the SMIS 4 "display.?

Yes. Connects to the NMEA2000 network.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-39p63583.htm

Although its often debated as to whether its really necessary in most Suzuki applications these days (perhaps high speed bassboats running jack plates may be an exception).

Because the Suzuki engines run 2 x high temperature alarms.

1. temp absolute = when the engine temp hits a preset “too hot” temperature

2. temp gradient = when the engine temp rises too quickly but has not reached the temp absolute threshold.

Both result in temp alarms going off before damage is done. Temp absolute also causes the engine to go into safe mode and reduce rpms.

The argument is that one or both of these alarms will go off before you even notice that water pressure is low. Eg you cant be constantly watching the pressure gauge and if water flow gets blocked etc then the temp gradient alarm will very quickly be going off when that happens.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the good explanation. Thought to check water pressure since the engine gets hot sometimes. It will be difficult to get any result with manometer as you say. Thank you.

Comment

Water pump issues are of course the most common cause of temp issues.

Always install a full kit when you service the water pump. Don’t just replace the impeller.

If you explain the circumstances when you are having overheating problems (give as much background info as you can), and also tell us what you have done so far to address it, people will for sure chime in with suggestions.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Mooligther. Have a suzuki df 115 2014 mod about 450 hours in seawater Sometimes at idle and sometimes when I go back to idle and sometimes when I go from idle to full speed. The engine gets hot from time to time. I have replaced all parts in the water pump, water pressure valve, thermostat, new temperature sensor and rinsed with vinegar. All zinc is replaced every year. I think now there is exhaust in the cooling system or some debris that is moving in the cooling system.

Comment

You say the engine gets hot from time to time…

How do you know its getting hot??

Getting temp alarms at those times?

Seeing temps rise on digital gauge?

Have you checked spark plugs - what do they look like?

Had a compression test done?

Comment

Hello. I see temperatures on digital instrument and have double checked this with ir thermometer. I have also tested the compression which is absolutely fine. The Suzuki A series has lower compression but is straight according to the manual. Valves are checked, injectors are cleaned, fvs are cleaned, straight oil level. I have posted a picture of the spark plugs on page 7 in the forum but have not received a response. Can indicate that the engine gets little fuel. Has connected sds but loses contact. Member redlowrey has responded to this in another thread but has not checked this yet. The only thing I have replaced after the problem occurred is the o2 sensor. The old one has no. 18213-98J00 and the new one has 18213-98j30. Supplier says the new o2 sensor should fit?
              The temperature rises up to 80c ° and receives an alarm. The engine has always been stable at 55c ° at idle and 62c ° at full speed .. Sometimes it gets hot when I start up at idle for a few minutes. If I then stop the engine, it returns to 55c ° at idle. I need an priest for this engine soon.
              Thank you for your feedback Moonligther.

Comment

Working...
              X