df300 2-3 code map sensor 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df300 2-3 code map sensor 2

Have 3 each df300 engines. the port engine was giving me a intermittent code 2-3 for map sensor 2 (possible pressure detect port clogged) now the code is stuck and I cannot get rid of it.

I took the off the map sensor and cleaned out the port with carb cleaner and passed a piece of 150# leader down through it. no change. took map sensor off of center engine and switched. no change. took voltage off wire to the ecu was showing 3v which is in range. switched ecu from center to port engine no change.

question: what else can I look for? wiring is good to ecu, sensor was changed to known good sensor.

has anyone had a case where the pressure detect port was clogged where carb cleaner did not do the job?

any ideas would be appreciated.

3 volts don't sound right to me, unless your engine was running and under some load. If you removed the plug from the map sensor and checked for voltage with the key on, you should have 5 volts on it.

Comment

check all the connectors and ground connections.

Comment

I checked the voltage going to the sensor and it has 5 volts. the 3v I mentioned was the signal to the ECU. will check all grounds etc this weekend. when I was checking all the rigging I noticed the primer bulb had the hose twisted seems to have softened up the hose and now it is too flexible. can a bad map sensor code be thrown because of a fuel obstruction? the engine fires right up and idles.

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by awalchli View Post
          I checked the voltage going to the sensor and it has 5 volts. the 3v I mentioned was the signal to the ECU. will check all grounds etc this weekend. when I was checking all the rigging I noticed the primer bulb had the hose twisted seems to have softened up the hose and now it is too flexible. can a bad map sensor code be thrown because of a fuel obstruction? the engine fires right up and idles.

thanks,
          I did once have a map sensor code on my DF115 due to a fuel supply issue.

A hose that is broken down internally will cause fuel flow restrictions and I think it could result in the map code being thrown in some circumstances.

Suggest you change all those hoses ASAP. Even if it is not the cause, bad hoses are something you dont want in your system.

Comment

Working...
          X