Paint Bubbling and Corrosion on Cylinder Head Cover - 2021 DF60A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Bubbling and Corrosion on Cylinder Head Cover - 2021 DF60A

Motor is 1.5 years old with 40 hours on it, and used in salt water exclusively since new. Absolutely loving this motor since I had it installed. I flush with muffs for 10 minutes after every use, and I remove the cowl and inspect and wipe down the powerhead after about every 3 uses. I removed the cowl yesterday and noticed some salt corrosion and bubbling paint approx. 1" x 2" on the lower left corner of the cylinder head cover. I wire-brushed the loose paint off, and the aluminum definitely has some surface corrosion on it. I'm very surprised the see this because Suzuki goes to great lengths to describe their anti-corrosion and painting process on the engine components. Has anyone else experienced paint bubbling and corrosion this quickly on their newer Suzuki? Is this a warranty issue that I should contact Suzuki about? Any ideas what would cause this? I'm wondering if the prep for the paint was done properly, and the paint seems very thin. I'm very concerned that this will spread to other parts of the motor. Thanks!

Certainly can’t hurt talking to your dealer. What does the fine print say on your warranty?

Comment

I spray the entire power head with lanolin spray every couple of years.

It both repels water and prevents corrosion. Hardly a spec of rust after 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        I spray the entire power head with lanolin spray every couple of years.

It both repels water and prevents corrosion. Hardly a spec of rust after 12 years.
        My brother-in-law uses it for insect control on his horses, my wife and daughters have used lanolin for sore nipples when breast feeding and now I find out it’s used as a rust inhibitor. A Google search was interesting, a very useful product. Learn something new every day. Thanks Moonlighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post

My brother-in-law uses it for insect control on his horses, my wife and daughters have used lanolin for sore nipples when breast feeding and now I find out it’s used as a rust inhibitor. A Google search was interesting, a very useful product. Learn something new every day. Thanks Moonlighter.
          This is the one I use Murray.

I also spray my galvanised boat trailer all over and inside the RHS too.

Its a dielectric grease too so works well on electrical connections especially in a marine environment.

https://woolube.com.au/products/ozspray-heavy-duty/

Comment

Leave it to downunder folks to use Lanonlin. Hmmm, I've always used heavy duty Silicon spray over the entire head, electrical wires, connectors and cooling water tubing. Every automotive shop has this stuff and I apply it every year. No corrosion or blistering. I don't think wooljuice will ship to the states. They probably don't even know where Texas is.

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
              Leave it to downunder folks to use Lanonlin. Hmmm, I've always used heavy duty Silicon spray over the entire head, electrical wires, connectors and cooling water tubing. Every automotive shop has this stuff and I apply it every year. No corrosion or blistering. I don't think wooljuice will ship to the states. They probably don't even know where Texas is.
              https://www.woolwaxusa.com/

Lots of uses.

Any New Zealanders within 10 miles will smell it and be there in a flash LOL!

Comment

Working...
              X