DF115 (2013) - Spurious alarms from ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 (2013) - Spurious alarms from ECU

I have a worrying problem. On my last run out at about 4-5krpm the engine cut back to 3krm. I checked the prop for a problem & then restarted. It happened again. I checked the warning logs on my plotter (engine connected) and it informed me the engine had overheated & over-rev'd. Over revving was not possible, but I checked the water cooling flow and all was ok. For the rest of the trip no problems.

Yesterday I took my laptop onboard & plugged into the engine to see what the diagnostics told me - No recorded problems.

I then looked at the real-time alarm reporting and could see that random alarms were popping up & clearing with no time to read them. When I say random, it was all sorts of alarms with no clear reason. The engine was just idling while I looked at it.

Has anyone ever experienced this? It looks like the ECU is have some kind of trouble, but not certain what or what can be done?

Any help appreciated?
    Dave Bradford

Your issue has popped up on this forum numerous times. Check your battery and all electrical connections for loose wires and/or corrosion. If you search this forum you should get an idea of what your looking for.

Search false codes
    Last edited by Murray; 06-09-2022, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Murray is correct. Multiple false codes are almost always due to poor voltage supply to the ecu. Pay attention to the battery connections and the white wire connection.

Occasionally the issue can be due to a faulty engine interface cable. But more often than not, its voltage issues. Corrosion in a wire, bad connection, battery not charged/failing etc.

Comment

All all,

The above has given me something to look for & I have taken the ECO and connecting cables apart. All the voltages that I've looked at are correct including white wire feeds from the fuses. I had one alarm latch up the other day 'low voltage' so I'm assuming this is along the right lines, but yet to localise the problem.

One thing that has become clear, this problem is only occurring while the engine is cold. ie after about 30 min run time it stops happening.

Thanks for guidance so far.

Dave
        Dave Bradford

Comment

I have the same issue.. except my DF175 will cut back to 4,000 rpm and not go any higher until I turn it off and restart..
          I had the multiple faults all pop up over-rev over-heat low voltage all at the same time
          I rewired the wires to the battery switch with heavier wires
          put in a new battery switch just for the white wire
          ,.thought it was fixed... ran it 3 weeks ago -- problem persists..

while this is going on --look at your tach-- the rpm's all over from 0 to off the guage -- that is what throws it into the "safe" mode...
          however at his point I have yet to find the source that is causing the problem in the first place..
          Art

Comment

removed duplicate entry
            Last edited by artdf175; 08-16-2022, 10:05 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

Follow up--
              I was continuing to get still these alarms
              I took all the wiring apart again
              checked sensors found no obvious problems
              run the motor and the RPM guage through the Lawrence was all over place from zero to off the scale.
              So one last idea was to disconnect the engine interface cable.
              engine ran fine but still could not run over a couple thousand RPM
              Today went down to a boat ramp
              was able to run it in gear up to 4300 RPM with out missing a beat, finally

Comment

Working...
              X