Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 dt150 super six cards need cleaning???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 dt150 super six cards need cleaning???

The motor is a 1987 dt150 super six carburated I'm having trouble at low to mid range boat wont plane out I've got it to plane out a few times then it starts running ok not full power but you feel it come and go at about 50 mph boat did 67mph last year motors on a 88 hydrostream Valero

I've change fuel filter/water separator/ adjusted oil linkage to 137.2 mm/ new plugs/ gapped correctly/ idle screws 1.5 turns out but still no luck hope someone has had this issue that resolved it. I'm thinking about cleaning carbs next but would like to hear from someone first

No alarms too

Comment

Also is there a way to clean passages and jets without removing whole carb?

Comment

Cant get around it. Must clean/soak/blow-out all fuel and air passages, also clean/blow-out all the jets.

Take pics of wiring, linkages, fuel lines, oil lines, and anything else you have to remove to accomplish the work. Detach linkages at each carb, reinstall just as they came off. DO NOT REMOVE BUTTERFLIES, OR LINKAGE PARTS. You can remove TPS sensor, as a unit, for soaking the entire carb body, and carb float bowl.
        MOST parts for this motor are NLA (no longer available), so be careful not to damage them.
        The float needle valve and seat need removal, and always re-adjusted when re-installing.
        DO NOT change linkage adjustments.
        DO NOT mix up positon of carbs, OR JETS. Some carbs were manufactured with different sized jets, for position of carbs to balance flow for each cylinder.
        RECORD ALL idle air-mixture screws SETTINGS FOR EACH CARB. WHEN RE-INSTALLING IDLE AIR-MIXTURE SCREWS, SET EACH ONE BY THE SUZUKI MANUAL.
        IT IS IMPORTANT TO BLOW-OUT (with good compressed air) EACH SMALL AND LARGE PASSAGE THOROUGHLY AFTER SOAKING EACH CARB. It is a good idea to use a clean white rag around carb when blowing each passage clear to catch, and identify any debris that comes out (this can help identify if fuel pump, of maybe fuel lines are breaking down? ).

As stated above, good pictures can help us, help you, if you have any questions or problems.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

I should add, the float settings are very important.
          If the float setting is too low, that cylinder will tend to run out of fuel at WOT positions.
          if the float setting is too high, the fuel doesn't shut off in that float bowl, this will cause fuel to overflow into the throat of that carb at idle, and tend to flood that cylinder.

Good luck, post back on how it all goes.

Comment

Working...
          X