Upgrading ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading ECU?

Due to the impossibility of getting a v2.3 interface cable, I've been thinking about a work around.

Is it possible upgrade a 2006 df175 ecu to a 2008 ecu and then use a v2.9 cable? I can't seem to locate a part number for the 2006 ecu on browns point to see if it is the same part number for a 2008 so I thought I'd ask here.

Any insight would be Most welcome!

Eric

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...e-control-unit

The above link is from a 2006 DF175(I picked a random model) then compared against parts numbers 2008(again a random model) ECU. Same part number appears to be used across model years and also it looks like the DF 150 uses the same ECU. In theory it should work but I can say it will work. Note, there are 6 different ECM’s Suzuki used in 2006 and 2008. Why so many?

Comment

Thanks Murray! That is very helpful. I emailed Browns Point and asked the same question. Hopefully they can suggest which part will work. I have a v2.9 cable ordered, so maybe it will work with my current ecu or i can reprogram it if is has the 2 resistors. If it doesn't then I may go with a new ecu based on what Browns Point says.

Comment

Hi there, did you get any reply from Brownpoint on this matter? I have a 2004 thinking also to possible upgrde..

Comment

at the top of this page is the link to the parts department
          if you look up a part It will further describe all the engines it will work on
          click on the year and then engine then if you search " engine control unit"
          click on the part and scroll to the bottom of the page
          the ECU for the 175 spans 2006 to 2011
          There is also a telephone number for the parts department -- call them-- In the past I have found them most helpful

since you use the same ECU for all these different model years, someone with more knowledge would have to explain about the different versions of the interface cable for different model years using the same ECU
          Art

Comment

Working...
          X