No announcement yet.

DT15C float adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took it up to the closest lake at 3000 ft elevation and ran it for a couple hours. seems to be totally normal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      If you have an inline filter put one on before the bulb. It could save having to go through all this again.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know how it's going.
      It seems that many (most?) inline filters have a 10 micron filtration. Is there any risk of fuel starvation with that level of filtration?
      ---
      John

Comment

John i think it matters what surface area is filtering to 10 microns, as well as what flow rate that filter works at. Most fuel filters that work to 10 microns, work fine until trash starts blocking the filter, then the filtering slows down, or stops altogether. With some filters you can remove/clean/replace. Others you just replace.

Good luck with that. Post back how its going when able.

Comment

John, have you tried another portable tank and hose?

When you clean out your carb, you need to use compressed air and blow each pas-sage (tiny holes in throat and body of carb) clear of any blockage.

I rebuilt my carbs 6-7 different times, and it wasn't until the last time when i blew each little hole clear, that it finally started idling properly again.

The description you give about how your motor runs, sounds like the timing advance function of your motor could be causing problems. Please verify that your motor is 2 stroke, and the year, with serial number, I'd like to look up what parts you have for this.

I seem to recall you set the idle mixture screws at 2 turns? Is this the setting your manual recommends? Is this a Suzuki service manual? Did you set each carb identically, the same?

Also, please continue with this same post for all these/ your problems, it is easier to follow and review other info you've given, and other steps we've suggested. PM's do not relate to any post. It also helps others with similar problems.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

Working...
          X