Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df 175 (2012) won’t start or tilt

Hi,

I was driving my Suzuki 175 from 2012 today. Stopped at a dock and turned the engine off, and when I was going to continue my journey the engine wouldn’t start.

- All instruments are working, the voltage is fine.

- The jack plates are working

- The tilt is dead

- The relay clicks when trying to tilt

- When turning the key, there is the normal beep and then nothing. The starter engine won’t operate, not one bit.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Similar experiences?

Check the 15 amp fuse that comes off the batteries, it might have corrosion on it, it supplies the ignition switch with power and also supplies the console trim switch with power. It sounds like a voltage drop problem, the trim switch circuit is there but not enough voltage and current, I think the same when you turn the key to start there is too much voltage drop to energize the starter solenoid to pull in, but there is enough to turn the lights on

What happens when you use the trim on the motor, it gets it's power from the 10 amp supply from the fuse box. You only need a test light and a wiring schematic to fix this.

Comment

Thank you. I will check 15 amp fuse.

I don’t get the last part though, is there a very easy way to explain?

Comment

Ok, the trim switch on the motor gets it's supply from the fuse box via a ten amp fuse, the trim switch on the console gets it power via the 15 amp fuse from the battery to the ignition switch and supplies power for your console trim switch.
        If you pressed the trim switch on the motor and it worked, but the trim didn't work when the console switch was pressed but you could hear the trim relay click would just give a direction to look at first.
        If you are not electrically minded and you have a work shop manual, just print off a copy of the wiring and take it to an auto electrician and it shouldn't cost you more than an hours labor.

Comment

Thanks! Now I got it!

Comment

Working...
          X