DF6 reliability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6 reliability?

Thinking of changing my DT4 for a new DF6 as presumably more reliable and economical?
    However have read various posts on the internet of problems with the exhaust valve sticking and engine seizing. Posts were referring to engines which were a few years old so was wondering if the problem has now been fixed?

I doubt the fuel savings would add up to justify a new 4 stroke over the older 2 stroke especially in the 4-6hp range. You don’t mention the year of your 2 stroke but I’m guessing parts might be an issue if not now then somewhere in the near future. I can’t speak on the sticking exhaust valve issue, perhaps a Suzuki dealer could.

Comment

A bit late but I repair/maintain a lot of those little engines. They are reliable but use premium gas. Never had any engine with sticking valves or engine seizing. replace the 0.5 liter motor oil on regular base and swap gear oil yearly and you will have lots of pleasure with it.

Only real thing that sometimes goes bad is the fuel pump diaphragm. It starts to leak. Sometimes it goes away but otherwise a 10 minute job te replace.
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
      X